Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Mimi’s Visit!

After Nana and Papa were here, my mom (Mimi)  came for a visit. It was her first time to Seattle and we were excited to have her here to show her what our life out here looks like. We had quite the adventures while she was here! We had ordered a quarter of beef for the first time and didn’t really realize where the town was when we ordered it. Well, that makes us sound like idiots… we had a general idea of where it was, but thought it would take about 2 hrs to get there. Not 3. For some reason when you’re traveling with a toddler and an infant, that one hour makes a big difference. Thankfully my mom was with us and we enjoyed the roadtrip and the opportunity to see a different part of the state. The landscape and environment changes a lot even 45 minutes away from Seattle. You pass through mountains (big ones) and then it gets very big and open, like Big Sky and is much more arid and desert like. We saw Mt. Adams and Mt. Baker and then Rainer on the way back home. It was a beautiful clear, sunny day so we enjoyed the views. You would have thought I would have seen that cop that gave me my first speeding ticket in 5 years. Funny, my mom was in the car with me on that one too!

We also went north past Anacortes, close to the mountains to go apple and pumpkin picking. We had fantastic clear, sunny, crisp fall weather. Nothing like picking apples with a view of the mountains. We all went on a hayride and I’m still hearing “ay yide”. She LOVED it!

Mom and I also made it to the aquarium on a more overcast day and saw part of the city in the process and we hit the zoo on another clear, crisp day. Hannah Gray had so much fun with Mimi and keeps saying “Mimi no car” (referring to how we picked her up from the airport) and “Mimi phewwwwwwww” (making an airplane noise and arm motions).

We are not going home for Thanksgiving this year as we’ll be home from Christmas, but my parents will be in San Francisco the second week of November. So I will get to see them around Thanksgiving anyway and be able to celebrate my birthday with them as well. I am looking forward to seeing them again soon!

IMG_1012  

IMG_1038

My mini-me. Apparently I do this a lot with my sunglasses

IMG_1052 

IMG_1067

IMG_1069 IMG_1074 IMG_1085 IMG_1111

IMG_1098

IMG_1135

Not enough hands

IMG_1136

IMG_1151

Ethan had a little campout with Hannah Gray in our backyard on this night too. To be honest, my bet was that they’d be inside by 2 AM. I was wrong, they made it out all night! It was even in the 30’s that night!!

IMG_1159

IMG_1180

IMG_0731

IMG_0749

IMG_0758

IMG_0762

IMG_0764

We took a ferry ride (hoping to see some whales or dolphins too) over to Poulsbo, a cute little town not too far from Seattle. We walked around and had a great lunch and amazing ice cream for dessert!

IMG_0804

IMG_0807

And we had to hit the flagship REI store downtown…

IMG_0867

Thanks for coming Mom, we had a great time with you!

No comments: