Sunday, July 1, 2012

kind of funny and kind of not

Those of you who know Tenley know her as super laid back, very gentle and has a super happy/joyful, compliant nature. Which makes the following story hilarious. Apparently there is a little girl at the gym who is younger than Tenley but much more assertive. The teacher said that the two of them play either really well together or are just kind of at each other because they want what the other has. I walked in to pick Tenley up about a month ago and the teach wanted to let me know that Tenley had bit another little girl. “WHAT?! Seriously?”, then a moment of panic, “I am totally that mom with a kid that bites…”.  The teacher showed me the other little girl’s arm and sure enough a complete (upper and lower) impression of Tenley’s whacked out teeth. She explained to me what happened and she knows that not typical, but wanted to just let me know. I thank her, had a chat with Tenley then had her go and apologize to the other little girl. Once we got to the car, we rehashed everything, a bit firmed on my part and let her know what her consequence would be if she should ever do that again. She kept saying, “Yes Momma. Sawee Momma. Yes Momma”. Then finally seemed to be a bit irritated and said her in best 16 year old voice, " YES MOMMA!” like she meant to say, “geesh Mom, I get it already!”. But in all honesty, it was hilarious to see. She repeated back to me what her consequence would be (a shoulder or cheek squeeze or a spanking). So when we got home I tried to get her to have the same conversation with me so I could get it on film and this was the best I got (and we were post nap, so she’s a bit more mellow)

No comments: