Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A new tooth and a new president

What a big week or so this has been for little Miss Gray. She finally broke the surface with a new tooth last Monday and I noticed Sunday the second lower tooth right behind it! The first one is beginning to really make it's appearance, but this second one seems to be coming a long a bit faster. She won't really move her tongue out of the way so you can actually see it, but you can definitely feel it!!

And today, we get a new president. Many mixed feelings about that. To be honest, I don't agree with many of his policies at all, but can't help but get caught up in the feeling of "change". Sometimes I hope that there are real promises there, and there are even bigger parts of me that hopes he lets some things just be and not do what he's promised to do. I can't help but look at Hannah Gray and think about how perfectly she was made and how her body knows just what to do at just the right moments and that she's been like that since conception. I worry for the unborn, and I worry about the women in difficult situations that are faced with extremely difficult decisions. But I hope they can see the promise in their child, even if it's with a different family. I hope our country sees value in life, particularly those that are just beginning. The consequences go far further than most people would like to admit. It's thoughts like these that make we really wonder where we'll be in 4 years. Could we be a more "successful" nation if our idea of life is devalued? And as a small business owner, I'm sure you can guess that there are many other reasons I'm a bit skeptical as well. But, through it all, God is in control. He is the one who appoints kings and rulers. So it's in Him I trust, not change.

No comments: