Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Puerto Rico








Wow, it's been a long time since I updated the blog! But there has been a lot going on too! First, I had a little accident at home that knocked me out of commission for about a week or so. It's a crazy story, I'll keep it brief. Basically, Ethan cut his foot really badly, so I ran up the stairs to get a bandaid. On the way down, I slipped on the first step and fell the whole way down. Thankfully I stayed on my back, but I hit my head pretty hard in the process. I ended up knocking myself out cold and had a trip to the ER to make sure everything was okay. So for the rest of the week I was pretty sore, had a headache and was just generally moving a little slower. 911, police, everyone came to our house. Our poor neighbors are going to wonder what crazies moved in next door! I promised Ethan I wouldn't wear socks on the bare hardwood floors anymore. Poor guy, I scared him half to death as he had to carry me to the floor and wait for me to wake up.

The end of the week, Ethan and I left for a trip to Puerto Rico to celebrate our anniversary. We decided last minute to leave little bit at home, so it was the first time that we had been away from her for that long. Mimi (my mom) flew out to stay with Hannah Gray for the week. They had a great time together!

Ethan and I had a great time together and really just got to enjoy lots of rest and relaxation. We snorkeled a ton (!), read a lot and just rested and enjoyed being with one another. We had much to celebrate as well- our 4 year anniversary, Ethan was made a partner at work, and we're expecting li'l petro #2 mid-April! So it was a great time to have just to ourselves.

No comments: